1. What information do we gather?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
2. How we use your information
We will only collect your information with your permission or where it is essential to provide you with our services.
2.1 We might use your information to:
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
(4) Contact you by email, mail, telephone, SMS text message or through social media to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only according to the permissions you give us – see Section 4;
(5) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
3. How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use an application on a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you buy a subscription, sign up to create a profile, download a mobile device application or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post and SMS text and via social media.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about our wider range of goods and services.
4.3 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use. In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
4.4 We might also offer you the opportunity to hear from specific companies and organisations that we might work in association with. We will always name those companies and organisations and provide you with the opportunity to hear from them by means of an opt-in tick box.
4.5 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (see Section 4.2).
4.6 If you have signed up to receive marketing from us by text, to stop this, please reply STOP to the last message you received.
4.7 When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
5.Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing email@example.com.
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have to provide proof of identification and there will be a small administrative charge for processing your request.
6. Protecting your information
6.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
6.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
7. Disclosing your information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
7.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
8. Where we store your personal information
8.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
9. Changes to this Policy
9.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
10. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
10.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at email@example.com and we will try to solve the problem promptly.